Saturday, September 24, 2011

Season 1 Episode 1

Yeah the pilot. Man I like this one. It's not my favorite but we get introduced to Michael, Dwight, and Jim and things are never the same.

Michael's first moment comes as he closes a sale at the library and calls the lady and scholar and a gentleman. Classic.

12 years.  I have worked for one place for nearly 10 years now and much like Michael, I have no where else to go.  I hate to admit it but I have always seen a bit of the Scott in me. 

WAASSSSSUUUUUPPPPP!  Still a classic.

I always like how MS tries to hang out with the salesman.  You know he wishes in a weird way that he was still a salesman but his identity is so tied up to the Regional Manager title that there is no way he could go back.

Jan always seemed like an ancillary character for me but when I think about it, she was a driving character is so many episodes.  She's crazy in such a unique way.  I can't say I have ever met anyone quite like her.

"One word, two syllables 'demarcation'"  Dwight is awesome.  At first sight, he's a dork.  But as he develops over the seasons, he shows some friendship qualities that are beyond the call.  "Drug Testing"  He is also a total narcissist.  Evil Plans and the like.  That and his grandfather killed 12 enemy soldiers and then spent the rest of the war in an Allied prison camp.

How one show can keep one theme active for over 6 seasons is awesome.  DOWNSIZING!  To me that shows just how jittery Americans are about the economy.  For 6 years now, downsizing has been on the minds of the public, thus always on the minds of Dunder Mifflin.

I also liked mixed berry.  Not as much as strawberry though.

Jim and Dwight and the practical jokes.  I'm going to try and list a few as they come up.  This needs a new entry.

I love that Michael bought his famous Worlds Greatest Boss mug himself.  There are so many things that he does just because he thinks that the boss does.  And great bosses have mugs that say so.  I am now looking around my desk to see if I'm guilty of this.  So far so good.

So Jim's jokes are clever and funny, Michael's are mean and cruel.  Fake firing someone is never a good idea.  Pam should report that but then the show would have ended after 2 episode.  Good job Pam, I'm glad to see that you stuck it out.  (I know it's fake but if you are reading this far down the post, you are just as big of and office nerd as I am.  Welcome.



No comments:

Post a Comment